Thursday, July 21, 2011

Comments from the participants...



This is a collection of some of the comments that participants wrote on their evaluation forms.

The most important things that happened at camp...
- "trying to learn something from every person"
- "what we've learned from the workshops and ...about the other cultures"
- "feel more confident, met new friends"
- "to see nature with different eyes (positive)"
- "I met wonderful people, I did a lot of new things...I really learned a lot."
- "We manageed to create an international community and build lot of friendships"
- "That we actually were able to bond with each other, making the learning part more pleasant...it changed me in a good way and now I understand a little better the world that we live in."
- "we combined learning with playing."
- "inspire myself, reach my goals, find new friends, get new experiences, enjoy nature, develop my skills, feel more confident, get motivated to do something"

The things we liked most...
- "last day - action plans"
- "sleeping outdoors"
- "this camp was like an escape from the routine!"
- "rafting, solo sit, open space, teambuilding activities, cultural evenings and the workshops which we organized."
- "my motivation grew and now I really think that I can change something"

I learned this about myself...
- "I can face everything and I can handle any situation"
- "letting go of responsibility...trusting others."
- "I must stop sometimes and enjoy life...and I really need nature!"
- "I can be a good leader, I can inspire people."
- "There are times when I can work in team, I can accept the others ideas."
- "I am more confident now...I can do things that I have never thought I would."
- "to be myself"
- "inner peace, innner freedom"

I learned this about other cultures...
- "even if they are different, we can find the balance between our cultures and we can understand so well together."
- "there are people in the world who care about their environment. We should stick together, because together we're stronger. I'm really impressed by the plastic bag campaign of the Austrians, I've never thought that teens can do so many things for the Earth."
- "Although we are different in so many ways in the end we're all humans and we all have feelings."
- "Different cultures can't come together always without conflict."
- "Every culture is special"
- "Eventhough we are different, we can find common ground and establish easily a connection."
- "Differences are never as big as commonalities, if both want to connect/communicate."

What has changed in you after the camp?
- "My way of thinking about the nature and the environmental issues. Now I believe I am able to change the world."
- "I realized that if I want something to happen I should put a lot of energy in it! Now, I have a lot of energy and motivation to change the world!"
- "I will try new things whenever I have the opportunity. I will think more about the environment and how my actions can affect it."
- "I learned that I should do what I want without being worried about what other people think. I am more thankful for everything that I have."
- "I grew up. I took some risk in doing things that I was afraid of. But I'm not sorry for that!"
- "I can understand other people and their specific reasons to do or not do something, listen to others, respect the different people."
- "I'm much more motivated and optimistic."

How will you apply what you learned/experienced at camp?
- "I will get involved in the next steps of this project"
- "I really want to share my experiences with my community!! They can learn a lot from them."
- "A goal will be to all meet again!"
- "I will try to involve other teens also increase awareness and actually do an action for the environment."
- "I will buy food from my community or my country."
- "I'll organize a green club in my school."
- "I'll help organize a Danube Clean up Day. And I'm looking forward to do many more projects!"
- "I will think more about the food that I eat"

No comments:

Post a Comment